1. About Alina Homecare
We are Alina Care Ltd, trading as ‘Alina Homecare’. Our address is Manor House, Church Street, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8DN.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and other organisations in the event you have a complaint. Please see the section on ‘Your data protection rights’ for more information.
In order to run our website and provide information about our care and support services to prospective customers and clients, we collect and use certain personal information about you. Personal information means any information about you from which you can be identified, but it does not include information where your identity has been removed (anonymous data). As the ‘controller’ of personal information, we are responsible for how that data is managed. The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) sets out our obligations to you and your rights in respect of how we manage your personal information.
2. The personal information we collect
If you provide us with personal data about someone else, you must first have their agreement and direct them to this Policy.
We may require you to provide certain information to us to enter into and perform our contract(s) with you or to comply with our legal obligations. Apart from this, your decision to provide personal data to us is generally voluntary and, where it is voluntary, you may withhold and not provide it to us. If you choose not to provide information, we may be unable to accomplish some of our purposes outlined below.
3. Our purposes and legal bases
We use your personal data to do business with you. In particular, your personal data may be used by us, our employees, and disclosed to some third parties. When we process your personal data, we must have a lawful basis for doing so. These are summarised below:
Our purposes are outlined below:
In connection with the uses above, we may disclose your personal data to certain third parties, including:
- Other companies and entities within the Alina Care Ltd group;
- Services providers who provide IT services, system administration, feedback, marketing and market research services (e.g. to send mail, email and SMS, maintain and update our databases of customer details, analyse data, collate feedback, survey information, provide marketing assistance (including online targeted advertising), process card payments, provide customer service and handle disputes);
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- Other third parties to whom we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our group companies)); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- If we are requested by the police or any regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to access and disclose personal data concerning your activities whilst using our website, we reserve the right to do so.
- We also reserve the right to disclose personal data to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of our website, and that use is deemed by us inconsistent with the terms governing use of our website.
In addition to the above, we may share limited personal data with advertising networks and other third parties to enable those networks and third parties to provide tailored advertising relating to Alina Homecare when you browse the internet and use third party services (such as social media platforms) on the basis of legitimate interests. We may also use your data to target similar customers on third-party platforms such as Facebook, Google Ads and Microsoft Ads.
6. Storing your data
We only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and the applicable legal requirements.
7. Protecting your data
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are bound to confidentiality. We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and applicable regulators of suspected data security breaches where legally required to do so.
8. Using your data for marketing
Where you have enquired about one of our services or used one of our services, we have a legitimate business objective in marketing to encourage your new or repeat business. We will do so in compliance with data protection law. In accordance with your marketing preferences, we will use your personal data to send you newsletters and other marketing communications. We may also collect information about how you interact with our marketing (for example, whether you open our emails). This helps us make our marketing more relevant to our customers.
How can you opt out of your data being used for marketing?
You have the right to object to receiving direct marketing. You can do this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line and indicate whether you wish to opt out of all marketing, or just a part of it.
Alternatively, you can unsubscribe from marketing emails by following the unsubscribe button in each email that we send. This will unsubscribe you from marketing emails. If you wish to unsubscribe from other channels (post, telephone or SMS) please email email@example.com. You may receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems update.
If you opt out of receiving marketing from us, we may still use your personal data to provide you with important service communications.
Third party websites
This Policy relates only to information that we obtain from you. Our website contains links to other websites which may be of interest to you.
9. Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
10. Any questions?
If you have a question, you can contact us via:
Manor House, Church Street,
Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8DN
You can complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: www.ico.org.uk
This Policy was published on November 4 2021.
Please click on the link below to read our other privacy policies:
Service users – text only
Service users – easy read
Service users – easy read/photos
Service users – easy read/symbols