We understand that a diagnosis of an incurable illness is an incredibly difficult time. Our palliative care at home is designed to ease the burden and maximise comfort during these challenging times.
According to the Office of National Statistics, as many as 80% of people would like to spend the end of their life in their own home. We work alongside appropriate medical teams to try and make this possible.
Our palliative carers are specially trained to provide the support needed in the face of a terminal illness. Whether that’s a regular friendly face, an extra pair of hands or more specialist care, we aim to accommodate peoples wishes to feel safe and cared for. We look after physical and mental health needs and are also trained in the specific needs of individual illnesses.
We deliver palliative care compassionately and professionally. We are also committed to being unobtrusive and sensitive, remembering respect at all times. We can support 24 hours a day or drop in daily. You and your family are in complete control, and we will work hard to meet needs, preferences and final wishes.
It doesn’t matter how much or how little help is needed, we’re here to help.
What palliative care services are available?
Alina Homecare can work with you to set-up a tailored Palliative Care plan that suits your individual needs. This could include:
- Pain management – our carers can make sure you receive your medication on time as well as any other treatments
- Monitoring symptoms – our Palliative Care workers can monitor your symptoms and work with your healthcare team to alleviate and manage them
- Domestic care – our carers can help keep on top of housework such as vacuuming, dusting and doing the laundry
- Personal care – our palliative carers can help you with washing, bathing, dressing and using the toilet
- Companionship – during this challenging time, we can provide emotional and psychological support to you and your loved ones
- End of life planning – our carers can support you as you make end of life decisions such as funeral arrangements