This week is Carers Week, recognising the contribution that 6.5 million people in the UK make caring for loved ones & providing helpful information and support. We provide care in peoples own homes – as lone workers our staff have limited interaction with their colleagues, that’s why we recognise the importance of communicating with our care teams to ensure they are fully supported. Here’s just a few ways we do this:
1. Staff regularly visit branch offices to have a social chat and pick up necessary supplies.
2. Our branches host a number of fantastic social events for both clients and team members to meet each other and have a good time.
3. All Alina staff have access to our own Academy training to learn and meet colleagues from other teams.
4. All staff have regular supervisions with their managers to discuss their role and how they can be supported.
5. We hold regular Staff Forums, where they can share their views with senior managers.
6. We have a dedicated email address, for all our staff to contact, us about anything they think needs to be brought attention to.
At Alina, we encourage everyone to have their voice, because we are #proudtoknowacarer.