Let’s talk sun protection! Whilst sun bathing can make us feel good, the consequences can be damaging to our skin. So it’s important to stay prepared. Here are a few top tips to help keep you safe in the sun:
1) Always wear sunscreen! This is an absolute must. Make sure it’s always UVB and UVA protected. Apply 20 minutes before going out.
2) Take time in the shade. The sun’s rays are at their strongest between 10am – 4pm so take a break during these times to cool off and shade your skin.
3) Wear a hat. A sunburnt scalp is painful!
4) Invest in the best sunglasses you can, to protect your eyes and the delicate skin around them.
5) Drink plenty of water. This will prevent heat stroke and your skin from drying out.
6) If you notice any changes in your skin or moles, always seek medical advice.